We follow a few fundamental principles:
- We don't ask you for personal information unless we really need it.
- We don't share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our services or protect our rights.
- We don't store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of our website and business.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
What information do we collect?
We collect two kinds of information from visitors to the WIL:HAUB photography website; enquiries/feedback information (through visitors emailing us or completing website contact forms) and site usage information from cookies.
We may collect the following information:
- name, job title and company
- contact information including email address
- other information relevant to customer enquiries
What do we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Respond to enquiries or feedback.
- To initiate and complete commercial transactions with you, or the entity that you represent, for the purchase of products and/or services.
- To fulfil a contract that we have entered into with you or with the entity that you represent.
- To manage any communication between you and us.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Keeping personal information secure
We use appropriate technical measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymous it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- The right of access, if you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time using the contact details provided at the end of this Privacy Notice. In order to process your request, we will ask you to provide two valid forms of identification for verification purposes.
- The right to restrict processing, in addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by using the contact details provided at the end of this Privacy Notice.
- The right to data portability, you may request your set of personal data be transferred to another data controller or processor, provided in a commonly used and machine-readable format. This right is only available if the original processing was on the basis of consent, the processing is by automated means and if the processing is based on the fulfilment of a contractual obligation.
- The right to opt out, you have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please use the contact details provided at the end of this Privacy Notice. Furthermore, whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the boxes that you can click to indicate your preferences for receiving further information from WIL:HAUB photography.
- The right to withdraw consent, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may withdraw consent at any time by writing to or emailing us using the contact details provided at the end of this Privacy Notice.
- The right to object, you have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We respond to all request we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES & PAYMENT PROCESSORS
Our website is hosted on Squarespace, Inc. (Squarespace). Your data is stored through Squarespace's data storage, databases and the general Squarespace application. They store your data on secure databases protected via a variety of industry-standard access controls. Secure passwords, SSL encryption, disk-based encryption, firewalls, and other measures are in place that helps them to protect your data. However, no company, including Squarespace, can fully eliminate security risks associated with the transmission of personal information through online transactions, and you do so at your own risk.
Dubsado is a Customer Management System that makes it possible to manage a database of email contacts, phone contacts or any other contact information to communicate with the Customer as well as send contracts and invoices.
These services may also collect data concerning the date and time when the message was viewed by the User, as well as when the User interacted with it, such as opening of emails that were sent through the tool..
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
SITE USAGE INFORMATION
Like most website operators, WIL:HAUB photography collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request.
We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. The cookies do not contain any personal information about you, and they cannot be used to identify an individual user.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can alter the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer. Generally you have the option to see what cookies you’ve got and delete them individually, block third party cookies or cookies from particular sites, accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is issued or reject all cookies. You should be aware that any preferences will be lost if you delete cookies and many websites will not work properly or you will lose some functionality. We do not recommend turning cookies off when using our website for these reasons. You can either use the Cookie Opt-out facility at the bottom of this page or visit the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu on your browser to change settings, and check the following links for more browser-specific information.
There are two types of cookie:
- Persistent cookies remain on a user’s device for a set period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
- Session cookies are temporary. They allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
The following cookies may be used on the WIL:HAUB photography website:
- Functional and Required Cookies. These are cookies that are required to navigate around a website and use its features. Without them, you wouldn’t be able to use basic services eg registration or shopping baskets. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you've been on the internet.Examples of how we use ‘strictly necessary’ cookies include:
- Setting unique identifiers for each unique visitor, so site numbers can be analysed.
- Allowing you to sign in to the WIL:HAUB photography website as a registered user.
- These cookies are currently used on the WIL:HAUB photography website.
- Analytics and Performance Cookies. These cookies collect anonymous data for statistical purposes on how visitors use a website, they don’t contain personal information, and are used to improve your user experience of a website. Here are some examples of how we use performance cookies:
- Gathering data about visits to the Website, including numbers of visitors and visits, length of time spent on the site, pages clicked on or where visitors have come from.
- For comparison with other websites using data collected by industry-accepted measurement and research companies.
- Information supplied by performance cookies helps us to understand how you use the website; for example, whether or not you have visited before, what you looked at or clicked on and how you found us. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily. We can then use this data to help improve our services. We generally use independent analytics companies to perform these services for us and when this is the case, these cookies may be set by a third party company (third party cookies).
- These cookies are currently used on the WIL:HAUB photography website.
The WIL:HAUB photography website is hosted on Squarespace. You can find more information about the cookies used by Squarespace here.
Comments and User Content Posted to the Website
If you post comments or user content on the website, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you choose to provide there may be read, collected, or used by other users of the website, as well as other third parties. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit in these forums. We cannot guarantee that other users have not made copies of and/or will not use such information outside of the Website. We are not responsible for information you choose to post on our website.
What happens when I link to another site?
Where can I get further information?